BREAKING NEWS! The COS Training Resource Center is happy to announce we are now able to offer a $3,000 stipend for qualifying participants! Are you ready to register and begin your new career? Keep scrolling to view the registration link on the right side of the screen!
Do you want to know what you are signing up for? This five-week, 200-hour program, developed by leaders within the Utility arboriculture industry, offers trainees an opportunity to develop best practices, skills, and knowledge required for a career as an utility line clearance arborist.
Employers gain utility arborist employees with an understanding of the job requirements, as well as demonstrated skills, compliant with OSHA, ANSI and Industry standards. This kick-start program leads to a reduction of on-the-job training -time requirements, higher production rates, lower incident rates and higher employee retention.
Employment and Compensation: Some Local Utility Arborist contractors intend interview participants for employment. The following will apply if participants are hired by a Utility Arborist contractor:
- Starting wage of around $21 per hour after successful completion of training
- Lots of room for internal growth
- Drug test required upon hiring
- You must have a clear driving record
- Commercial driver license is highly desirable by some employers.
- OSHA 10 instruction & certificate
- American Heart Association, Heartsaver First aid and CPR certificate
- Flagging instruction & certificate
- Electrical Hazard Basics and Minimum approach distance
- Current ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- Mobile Equipment operations
- Correct use of a chainsaw and felling procedures
- Worksite inspections and Hazard Identification
- Job site set-up
- Tree and Shrub identification
- Climbing basics
- Common knots used in tree care
- Pruning fundamentals
- Electrical Hardware Identification
- How an electrical grid functions
- Aerial lift basics
- Emergency Action Planning
- Fire prevention and response
Trainee Requirements: Trainees are required to be present at every class session on time to receive credit. Certificate of Completion will reflect hours completed. All certificates will only be awarded to those who successfully complete the training and return all PPE Equipment issued.
Please click the following for a downloadable training outline : ULCAT Outline
Please click the following for a downloadable training flyer : Utility Line Clearance Arborist Training Flyer