This interactive course provides a comprehensive introduction to internal auditing that can be applied to any food safety scheme or quality management system standard such as FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) and ISO 9001, as well as GFSI standards such as SQF, Global GAP and BRC.
Participants will learn how to plan, prepare, perform, report, follow up and close an audit. It is ideal for individuals planning to do internal audits, supplier audits and people who want to understand the audit process.
This course emphasizes the effective use of corrective action and root cause analysis to ensure audit non-compliances are effectively resolved.
- Auditing concepts
- Auditor selection
- Audit planning
- Audit preparation
- Conducting the audit
- Collecting audit evidence
- Identifying and writing non-compliances
- Reporting results
- Follow-up and corrective action
Why is internal auditing important?
- FMSA Produce Safety Rule : “It is extremely helpful to conduct your own self-audit prior to having an (external) audit”.
- FMSA Preventive Controls for Human Foods: “Some verification activities, such as internal audits, are done to ensure that the (food safety) plan still reflects what happens at the facility.
- SQF 8.1 : “Staff conducting internal audits shall be trained and competent in internal audit procedures”.
- BRCGS 8 : “Internal audits shall be carried out by appropriately trained, competent auditors”.
- Global GAP 4.0: “A minimum of one internal audit of the QMS shall be carried out by the internal auditor before the first CB audit and thereafter once per annum”
- Primus GFS v3.1 : “Self-auditing is a key part of an operation’s food safety program. A written procedure for internal audits should be created for each operation in order to proactively ensure safe food production”
“Great presentation by the Trainer, he has extensive real life knowledge and it shined through making the material that much more effective. Looking forward to his next course.” – Previous Trainee.
Please click the following link for a downloadable flyer of our food safety class schedule: Food-Safety-SummerFall-2023