Online Sales Representative Course
Sales representatives drive growth for many organizations, showcasing products and maintaining customer relationships. This 100% online course will help you gain valuable strategies and practices needed to start an entry-level career in sales. Key topics include the fundamentals of selling, managing customer relationships, inside and outside sales, and more.
Job Outlook for Sales Representatives
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, sales representatives in the wholesale and manufacturing industries earn a median annual salary of $63,000.
- However, the BLS reported that sales representatives for technical and scientific products earned significantly more – up $81,000 as of May 2019.
- With the computer and information technology projected to grow 12% by 2028 (per the BLS), many sales leaders consider the “tech” industry to be the most profitable for sales representatives.
Sales Representative Training FAQs
WHAT DO SALES REPRESENTATIVES DO?
Sales representatives, also known as sales executives, sell products and services to customers and negotiate contracts on behalf of their employers, often the wholesaler or manufacturer of said product. Sales representatives may work on the business-to-business (B2B) model, selling to other businesses, organizations and governments; or the business-to-consumer (B2C) model selling directly to end users.
WHAT ARE A SALES REPRESENTATIVE’S MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES?
Ultimately, a sales representative’s responsibilities will vary by their employer and the field they work in. Common duties of sales representatives include:
- Selling to key accounts or growing an established sales pipeline
- Creating relationships with prospects to build a new sales pipeline
- Negotiating contracts, renewals and statements of work
- Conducting trainings, presentations or demonstrations that showcase a company’s products or services
WHICH INDUSTRIES USE SALES REPRESENTATIVES?
Virtually any industry that sells a product or service needs sales professionals, with retail being the largest sector. According to LinkedIn, some of largest growing industries for sales representatives are software technology, staffing and professional services.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INSIDE SALES AND OUTSIDE SALES?
Inside sales representatives typically working remotely, converting leads and nurturing prospects from an office. Outside sales representatives work with prospects in a face-to-face environment, such as trade shows or conferences.
CAN SALES REPRESENTATIVES WORK FROM HOME?
In many cases yes, both inside and outside sales representatives can work from home depending on the company they work for. While outside sales representatives travel, their office base might be at home. Likewise, inside sales representatives may be based out of a home office even if their employer has a physical office space. Ultimately, technology has streamlined working from home, but this will depend on the industry a sales representative works in and their employer’s preference.
- Master building a sales pipeline with qualified leads
- Learn to convert prospects to leads and to close deals
- Gain techniques for managing customer relationships professionally
- Learn to sell in different environments, including trade shows, call centers and more
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- Sales Skills
- Customer Needs
- Call Center Sales Training
- Trade shows: Getting the most out of your experience
- CRM – Introduction to Customer Relationship Management
- Dynamite Sales Presentations
- Your Emotional Intelligence
- Implement quality customer service
Jamie Calbeto is an educator specializing in business, information technology, and logistics. He was both faculty at RMIT University Vietnam for more than a decade, teaching supply chain management and coordinating in the School of Business. Calbeto holds a Bachelor of Economics from University of Central Florida, a Master of Science in Industrial Technology from East Carolina University, and a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
Questions? Please contact us at 559.688.3130 or firstname.lastname@example.org