New Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations require that certain food safety related activities, such as the management of food safety plans, must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual” (PCQI) who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls”.
The Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation is intended to ensure safe manufacturing / processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States.
This course developed by the FSPCA is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA and fulfills the FSMA requirement for a PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual).
Under the Preventive Controls for Human Food rule, the responsibilities of a “preventive controls qualified individual” include to oversee or perform 1) preparation of the Food Safety Plan, 2) validation of the preventive controls, 3) records review, 4) reanalysis of the Food Safety Plan, and other activities as appropriate to the food. See § 117.180 and 507.53 for more details.
Join us for this training that is certified and approved by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) and the FDA. The class will be taught by a FSPCA Lead Instructor.
Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certificate after the class.
- Introduction to Course
- Food Safety Plan Overview
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Other Prerequisite Programs
- Biological Food Safety Hazards
- Chemical, Physical, and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
- Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Process Preventive Controls
- Food Allergen Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Preventive Controls
- Supply Chain Preventive Controls
- Verification and Validation Procedures
- Record-keeping Procedures
- Recall Plan
- Regulation Overview—cGMP and Hazard Analysis and Risk Based
What previous students are saying about this class:
- “Answered longstanding questions; will allow me to assume the role left by predecessor”
“All information was relevant in understanding and implementing new, changing regulations in the industry”
“The class is very interactive and fun”