Medical Office Manager
This program prepares individuals to earn the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) credentials. Individuals will learn Microsoft Office basics, healthcare documentation and reimbursement, medical coding basics, patient billing and collections, and medical office management topics such as practice finances and standard office procedures. The interactive online course also includes over 20 hours of training on government-certified ezEMRx EHR software and special considerations like ICD-10 and X12 5010. In addition to one-on-one support from experienced trainers, learners also receive two certification exam vouchers, and a one-year membership to the American Medical Billing Association.
- Average salary: $40,350 a year
- Job growth: 11% increase by 2028
- Certification preparation: CMAA, CEHRS, & CBCS (NHA)
To learn more about Career Step, please click here.
Questions? Click here and complete the “Request Info” section in the middle of the page.
This is a not-for-credit course.
As such, you will not earn units and the class will not be reflected on your banner schedule or on transcripts. As a not-for-credit course, Financial Aid cannot be used to pay for or offset the costs of this course.
Cost : $3,899, includes:
- 12 months of online access
- A personal Student Advocate to help students succeed
- Unlimited student support by phone, chat, and email during enrollment
- Graduate support for 12 months designed to students you turn their education into a job
- Vouchers to take the CMAA, CEHRS, and CBCS certification exams upon graduation ($350 value)
Payment Plan option:
(Offered through Career Step only)
12 monthly installments – 8% interest