Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
Earn Your Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a leading credential for professionals dedicated to process improvement, efficiency, and excellence. It is highly valued by organizations focused on minimizing waste and providing premium quality, defect-free products and services. This 100% online course provides the concepts, methodology, and preparation to qualify for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam.
Job Outlook for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
As organizations of all sizes emphasize productivity gains as strategic advantages, more and more are adopting methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma to govern their operations. The Green Belt identifies an employee or prospect as an accomplished, dedicated professional. According to PayScale.com, professionals with Lean Six Sigma credentials earn $84,000 per year on average.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects job growth across the Management Analyst category to grow by 14% over the coming decade. This is almost triple the growth rate expected for all jobs.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt FAQs
WHAT IS LEAN SIX SIGMA?
“Six Sigma” describes a series of process improvement techniques designed to reduce errors and improve quality in an organization’s products and services. “Lean” is a management discipline that seeks to reduce waste and minimize associated costs. “Lean Six Sigma” represents the blending of the two philosophies into an operating system that maximizes quality while minimizing costs.
WHAT DOES A “GREEN BELT” IN LEAN SIX SIGMA INDICATE?
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt improves productivity by focusing on the tools, methodologies and principles of Lean Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are expected to design, implement, and manage productivity improvement projects and campaigns.
WHAT JOB TITLES ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE LEAN SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts may serve in one or more of the following capacities: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Continuous Improvement Specialist, and many more. Lean Six Sigma Green Belts often become Six Sigma Consultants, as well.
WHAT DO LEAN SIX SIGMA GREEN BELTS DO?
The Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma is considered a hands-on credential. Green Belts commonly review processes, develop and deploy improvements using the Lean Six Sigma methodology and then manage the improved processes.
- Understand Lean Six Sigma, its origins and its benefits.
- Learn the Lean Six Sigma roles and principles and the 8 Wastes of Lean Management.
- Master the Lean Six Sigma Improvement method known as DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- Learn to collect data and track the success of projects
- Complete a real-world Lean Six Sigma project.
- Prepare to take and pass the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification exam
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- INTRODUCTION TO GREEN BELT TRAINING
- Overview of Lean Six Sigma, the 8 Wastes and DMAIC
- DEFINE PHASE – HOW TO DEFINE THE PROBLEM
- Creating the project charter, understanding the current state and develop project communication
- MEASURE PHASE – HOW TO MEASURE THE CURRENT PROCESS
- Select measures, planning and collecting baseline data
- ANALYZE PHASE – HOW TO IDENTIFY THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM
- Conducting data and process analysis; brainstorming, developing, and validating root causes
- IMPROVE PHASE – HOW TO IMPLEMENT AND VERIFY THE SOLUTION
- Crafting, filtering and determining solutions; conducting risk management
- CONTROL PHASE – HOW TO MAINTAIN THE SOLUTION
- Creating monitoring and response plans, project documentation
Tracy O’Rourke is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience as a facilitator, trainer and presenter. Her clients include the US Department of Veterans Affairs, the State of Washington, Cisco, DC Shoes, GE, and Motorola. She holds a BA in English Literature from San Francisco State University and an MBA with an emphasis in Leadership and Managing Organizational Change from Graziadio School of Business at Pepperdine University.
Elisabeth Swan is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt with over 20 years of experience consultant, designer, and executive coach. Her expertise lies in training, process-based organization design, problem-solving, and change management. Her clients include Amazon, Charles Schwab, Burt’s Bees, Microsoft, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. She holds a BA in English Literature from Barnard College.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
Questions? Please contact us at 559.688.3130 or email@example.com