Hemodialysis Technician with Externship
Dialysis technicians primarily work in doctors’ offices and hospitals, but some provide treatment to patients in their own homes. Primarily, hemodialysis technicians administer dialysis treatment, but there is much more to know than that. They must know how to set up, monitor, and clean the equipment, create and maintain a sterile environment, and provide preparation, education, and comfort to their patients. Career Step’s Hemodialysis Technician with Externship program will prepare you to provide dialysis treatment to patients, monitor vital signs, administer dialysis medications, and more.
- Average salary: $38,790
- Job growth: 11% increase by 2028
- Certification preparation: CHT (BONENT) CCHT (NNCO), and CCNT (NNCC)
To learn more about Career Step, please click here.
Questions? Click here and complete the “Request Info!” section on the right hand side of the page.
This is a not-for-credit course.
As such, you will not earn units and the class will not be reflected on your banner schedule or on transcripts. As a not-for-credit course, Financial Aid cannot be used to pay for or offset the costs of this course.
Cost : $3,599, includes:
- Voucher for BONENT
- 6 months of online access
- Interactive simulations and exercises
- A personal Student Advocate to help students succeed
- Student support by phone, chat, and email during enrollment
- Clinical externship for hands-on experience
- Graduate support for 6 months designed to help students turn their education into a job
Payment Plan option:
(Offered through Career Step only)
12 monthly installments – 8% interest