This food safety training is critically important for Individuals working in Agriculture, as well as those in the Food Processing industry. With the increasing demand of food safety in food processing and packaging operations, it is crucial to determine how to develop and maintain an effective Food Safety Program.
This class will help verify that your produce is produced, packaged, handled and stored as safely as possible to minimize risks of microbial hazards and cross contamination. It will also help food safety practitioners understand the necessary components of a functional program and learn methods that ensure practical Good Agricultural Practices.
Who Should Attend?
- Field Operations: Growers, Foremen and Supervisors, Farm Labor Contractors, and any lead staff that assists with implementation of Food Safety.
Benefits of Attending?
- Remaining ahead of the competition in sales and demonstrating the safety and quality of your product.
- Buyers from all facets of the Agricultural market are requiring food safety plans more and more.
- Understand the business risks and losses associated with not having a functional food safety program.
- Being prepared for an audit
What will you Learn?
- A brief history of food safety and the present trends in use of different schemes
- The primary elements that need to be present to make a complete and compliant program
- Strategies for training employees at all levels and maintaining the required documentation
- How to prepare for and what to expect in a food safety audit
- Where you can find further information and resources to assist you in continuing to add to your food safety knowledge.
Please click the following for a downloadable flyer of the Food Safety class schedule: