Forklift Operator Training
In this 2-day course, students will learn to apply appropriate knowledge and safety to successfully secure an operator’s certificate for a sit down, counterbalanced, LP gas powered forklift. Students will learn safety aspects, operations, basic maintenance, and comprehending OSHA compliance. This course includes 4 hours of classroom and 12 hours of practical training that meet the requirements of OSHA. Course instructors are Certified Trainers and experts in their fields.
Skilled forklift operators are in constant demand at area warehouses, agriculture and food processing plants, and distribution centers.
Employment and Compensation: Daniel C. Salas Harvesting, Inc. will interview successful candidates upon completion of the training to fill vacancies as they become available.
- Starting wage of around $17 per hour + plenty of overtime
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License, or proof of application for driver’s license in progress
- Drug test required upon hiring
- Gain an understanding of the current regulations that govern forklift operation in your area.
- Study the most common types of forklifts and their components.
- Understand why you should conduct a pre-use inspection, what to look for and how to complete a pre-use inspection form.
- Learn techniques and strategies for safely operating a forklift.
- Have the opportunity to practice driving and maneuvering a forklift to enable you to meet a basic measurable level of skill.
- Acquire additional information on different fuel types and how to safely handle them.
Please click the following for a downloadable flyer: Forklift Training Flyer