What will I be doing as an EKG technician?
Within the large and growing healthcare industry, EKG technicians play a key role in keeping a healthcare facility running smoothly. Their duties frequently include the following:
• Measure basic vital signs
• Perform rapid response procedures
• Operate an EKG machine and interpret output
• Prepare for, perform, and monitor EKG testing
• Record lead placement, measure, and identify rhythms
How much can I make as an EKG technician?
With opportunities nationwide, EKG technicians can earn competitive salaries. The average salary for an EKG technician is $40,800, but the pay can range between $36,000 and $47,000 depending on factors such as employer, work experience, and
CareerStep’s EKG Technician program includes almost 395 hours of curriculum and is designed to be completed in 12 months. The online format allows you to study on your own schedule and at your own pace, so you can make your own study schedule.