Are you looking for a career in retail or do you currently work in retail but face some challenges in your workplace? Or do you have employees that could use some help with basic sales and customer service? The Retail Fundamentals Academy is a brand new training that will teach participants how to successfully navigate the retail industry and how to be the best professional employee for your business!
This training will teach participants the fundamentals of retail and the retail product cycle. In addition, participants will learn about sales basics and retail operations such as loss prevention, workplace safety, and financial sense. This training also focuses on workplace readiness and how to be professional in your career in the retail industry. Participants will also be trained on essential customer service skills that will improve a business’ relationship with their customers and increase customer loyalty and revenue. Furthermore, upon completion of the course, participants will have the chance to earn their certificate for Retail Fundamentals through a closed-book, multiple-choice 50 questions exam offered by the National Retail Foundation.
As the saying goes, “Time is money!” Don’t miss out on learning how to navigate the retail industry and the crucial lessons behind it! Register today to be successful in your career in the retail industry!
- Section I – Retail Fundamentals
- Welcome to Retail
- Customer Service & Sales
- Retail Operations
- Workplace Readiness
- National Retail Federation Certification Exam
- Section II – Customer Service
- Introduction to Customer Service
- Communication in the Workplace
- Team Building
- Attitude in the Workplace
- Values and Ethics
- Time Management
- Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification Exam
- The untimed exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions delivered in 3 parts. Learners will receive a pass/fail upon completion of each part. The exam is not proctored, and learners can take each exam part 2 times before they must pay for a retake. Please note that the COS Training Resource Center will not cover costs for those that desire a retake. Upon successful passing of the exam, a certificate and credential will be issued for participants via their email addresses.