Online Administrative Professional Training
Become a Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
As business culture evolves, so do the roles and responsibilities of administrative professionals. Many administrative professionals today give themselves a competitive edge by the earning the industry-recognized CAP certification. This 100% online course will help you gain the technical skills and knowledge needed to earn this valuable industry credential.
Job Outlook for Administrative Professionals
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that the most recent median annual wage for administrative assistants was $39,850.
Among the Office and Administrative Support Occupations listed by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), those that require specialized skills offer the highest levels of pay and future opportunities.
Certified Administrative Professional FAQs
DO ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS NEED CERTIFICATION?
No. However, as the modern office shifts to becoming more technology driven, having formal training is key to advancing your skill set and staying ahead of the curve. Employers want candidates that can hit the ground running in their organization without further training, which certification proves.
HOW VALUABLE IS THE CAP FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS?
CAP is an assessment-based certification for office and administrative professionals. As an industry-recognized certification, it designates that you understand the duties, responsibilities and knowledge required of an administrative professional in today’s workplace.
HOW MANY EXAMS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE CAP CERTIFICATION?
To be eligible for the CAP exam, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- No College Degree – 4 years of relevant work experience
- Associates Degree – 3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – 2 years of relevant work experience
WHAT IS RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE?
Relevant work experience includes typical duties for office and administrative professionals including:
- Conducting business communication, including emails and memos
- Overseeing office functions and record keeping
- Managing projects, budgets and meeting schedules
- Coordinating between staff and clients
- Prepare to take the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) (from the International Association of Administrative Professionals)
- Master the CAP body of knowledge
- Understand administrative fundamentals including financial responsibilities and project management
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION (PART 1)
- Communication essentials; interacting with stakeholders and teams
- ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION (PART 2)
- Organizational structure and systems; networking, interpersonal interactions and public speaking
- BUSINESS WRITING AND DOCUMENT PRODUCTION
- Business writing; publishing web documents, hard-copy documents, and meeting minutes
- TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION DISTRIBUTION
- Researching, gathering, compiling, and analyzing data and information; networks for information distribution and maintaining, backing-up, and storing data
- OFFICE AND RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- The basics of creating functioning and productive workspaces; obtaining and managing resources for your office and working in a virtual office
- EVENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Event and travel management: coordinating virtual meetings; project management, time management and negotiations
- HUMAN RESOURCES
- Human resources functions, duties, and processes; employee files, records and training
- FINANCIAL FUNCTIONS
- Organizational finance: budgeting, financial statements, and financial transactions; banking process and the bank statement reconciliation process
- WORKPLACE BEHAVIORS
- Goal setting and creativity; problem solving, decision making and time management
- BECOMING AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AND ADVANCING YOUR CAREER
- Job duties, responsibilities and personal characteristics of administrative assistants
Becky Swaim has taught since 2000, focusing on Administrative Assistant Fundamentals, Administrative Assistant Applications, and Individual Excellence. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication from California State University, Long Beach. Her experience includes managing large staff in medical billing and collections and as a program manager to various medical practices.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
Questions? Please contact us at 559.688.3130 or email@example.com