If you’ve ever had behavior problems in your preschool classroom or family child care home, this class is for you! Learn how to prevent and manage behaviors, utilize strategies that are effective in decreasing problem behaviors and improve your overall effectiveness as a teacher. Most importantly, decrease your stress level by increasing your confidence in dealing with behaviors!
- Understand the ABC’s of behavior problems in the classroom
- Learn how to modify your classroom environment to prevent future behaviors and support interventions
- Deepen your understanding of appropriate and effective behavior intervention strategies
Student learning Outcomes
- What do I do with an aggressive child?
- How do I stop a child from hitting, biting, kicking, etc. ?
- How do I encourage a child to participate in the activities everyone else is doing?
- Why aren’t the strategies I’m using making any difference?
- How do I keep my classroom from getting chaotic?
- Is my environment supporting positive behaviors?
This is a not-for-credit course.
As such, you will not earn units and the class will not be reflected on your banner schedule or on transcripts. As a not-for-credit course, Financial Aid cannot be used to pay for or offset the costs of this course.