This class will provide information, examples, and modeling on how to work with special need students in the classroom by using an ABA approach with discrete trials and Pivotal response training for verbal communication. Reinforcers, token economy, and naturalistic teaching will be discussed. Ways to help ADHD and behavioral/ struggling students will also be incorporated.
- Fulfill requirements for hours needed for professional development
- Identify ways to get a positive response from special needs kids
- Engagement ideas for teachers to use in the classroom.
- Students will be able to correctly demonstrate what ABA, discrete trials, and Pivotal response training looks like.
- Students will identify how and when to use prompts.
- Students will practice engagement strategies to keep kids moving and thinking